- Founder and one of the Head Coaches of THRIVE Basketball. Rosie started off by playing in the YMCA league when she was in Grade 6, and play at North Surrey Secondary, where she received numerous All-Stars and MVP’s. Rosie had two years experience coaching the senior girls basketball team and previous coached with the Surrey Bulldog Basketball Association, guiding the U13 and U14 boys basketball teams to the 2018 Metro League Championship and BC Spring Shootout 2018 Tournament. Rosie finished her Bachelor degree of Physical Education and Coaching at Douglas College. Currently, a teacher candidate at University British Columbia. Her passion is teaching and coaching. She is very knowledgeable about basketball and with her energetic, passionate and dedication to coach she hopes to pass it on towards the next generation of players. Rosie's goal is to impact as many young athletes as she can in positive way, whether through basketball or education.
- Coaching Senior Girls Basketball in North Surrey
- Head Coach for U12- U14 in Surrey Bulldog Basketball
- As one of the Head Coaches of THRIVE, Steve has extensive experience in coaching and playing basketball throughout the Lower Mainland for over 30 years. Currently a Youth Care Worker with the Surrey School District, Steve has a passion and enjoyment in working with youth. In addition to his work with the schools and coaching, Steve is a certified personal trainer and strength & conditioning coach as well as an avid sports writer. As a player, Steve grew up in Richmond and was a member of two provincial teams as part of the Steveston Packers. After his high school career, Steve would go on to play with the Capilano Blues and would also experience playing in the International Basketball League for two seasons. Still an avid player, Steve currently competes in various leagues and tournaments throughout the Lower Mainland. As a coach, Steve has worked with players and teams ranging from elementary through to college and has coached numerous club teams and high school programs in Surrey, Vancouver and Richmond. Steve also has a lengthy history of working, coaching and creating various community basketball programs that have taken place in the Lower Mainland including:
- Basketball BC Director of the classic Hoop It Up 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament- Director of the Richmond Youth Basketball League
- Organizer and Developer of the West Coast Basketball League
- Organizer and Developer of the HoopfestBC Tournament
- Coached at CE London Secondary
- Coached at Southridge Secondary
- Coached at Frank Hurt Secondary
- Trained individual players from Frank Hurt, Kwantlen Park and Holy Cross Secondary
- Coached camps and teams from RBL and Surrey Bulldogs
- One of the head coaches of THRIVE Basketball. Becca started playing basketball from grade 6 to 12. Once she graduated from North Surrey Secondary, she took on the roll of Assistant Coach for Junior Girls Basketball team and then move forward as a head coach with the Senior year. Becca has recently graduated from Simon Fraser University with a BSc in Health Science. She has a lot of experience working with individuals of all ages from diverse backgrounds. Becca is passionate about the game of Basketball and hope to share her knowledge and experience. Her goal is to inspire young student athletes to be the best player they can be on and off the court. She hopes to offer young athletes the opportunity to learn the fundamental of basketball and to make a positive impact.
The THRIVE Basketball Club is pleased to offer private individual or group training sessions for those who are looking to improve their skills and talents. Please feel welcome to speak with either Coach Rosie or Coach Steve about setting up training sessions and schedules that will cater to your needs.
Coaches will work with players to pinpoint weaknesses and strengths with drills personalized to the player’s needs both with and without a basketball. These training sessions will allow the athlete to have focused and detailed attention from coaches, increasing their ability to learn, understand and implement the drills and skills.
- Ball Handling
- 1 on 1 moves
- Post Play
- Goal Setting
- Strength, Speed, Agility, Quickness training
Private training sessions will range between 60-90 minutes.
Location: TBD, Indoor and Outdoor
Email one of the coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiry